Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Florence Munnings Story


In the wake of the success of the recent movie ‘Summer in February’ I set out to establish the level of interest shown in Florence Munnings and the Lamorna artists. She was the key figure in the tragic sequence of events which unfolded in west Cornwall on the eve of the First World War.

Astonished to discover that the online photograph of her headstone had attracted over fifty thousand views, I persuaded my friend the artist Gabrielle Hawkes to accompany me on a journey into the past. Together we explored the locations, characters and artworks central to the narrative. It is not surprising that so many people continue to be moved by Florence’s story.

The result is the first YouTube video from Cornish Muse: ‘The Florence Munnings Story’.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting and enjoyable - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the book and commend these ladies for their visual story. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed watching 'The Florence Munnings Story'.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed this Helen and Gabrielle-well done.

    ReplyDelete